12-14 May 2023
By SIMON WILKES
Nestled on the picturesque south coast of New South Wales, Jervis Bay is a haven for sea kayaking enthusiasts. With its abundant wildlife, recommended camping sites, varied open water conditions, and popularity as a favourite location for Club paddling weekends, Jervis Bay offers a perfect blend of natural beauty and thrilling adventures on the water.
Thanks folks for a great skills weekend at Jervis Bay—definitely to be done again! Always lots of great lessons learned:
- Discovering a great place to stay…
- The value and ease of signing-in with local marine rescue…
- The mysteries surrounding the mussel farm…
And so much more!
- Places to stay: We’ve had a great time at the Jervis Bay Holiday Park. It’s waterfront, quiet and super-organised.
- Staying safe: Before heading out for a paddle, checking in with Marine Rescue. They’re super friendly and helpful.
- Paddling routes: Great recommendations can be found in the Waterways Guide.
- Local maps: Be sure to download these free marine charts.
Kathy Williams writes: A great weekend in Jervis Bay with the great folks from the River Canoe Club. Beautiful weather, warm waters, great company, paddling, food, grappa, accommodation, combined group organisation, loads of laughs—all and more one could ask for really.
- Exploring Jervis Bay—photo, video and Relive highlights on Vimeo.
- Out on the water on Jervis Bay
- Practising beach landings at Jervis Bay