About the club
The River Canoe Club of New South Wales (RCC) was founded in 1935 and is one of the oldest kayaking and canoe clubs in Australia. Based in Sydney, close to Botany Bay, we’re the premier recreational club in New South Wales catering for beginners, families and skilled kayakers. We organise events in the disciplines of open, flat, moving and white water kayaking and canoeing.
- Promote, organise and conduct safe open, flat, moving and white water kayaking trips for all skill levels
- Promote, organise and conduct training and safety programs for all Club disciplines and skill levels
- Act through the club’s website and magazine, as a contact point for members’ paddling related activities
- Encourage respect for our environment and wild places and the practise of minimum impact camping
- Represent members in consultations with PaddleNSW and Australian Canoeing.
Club events and trips are advertised on our website’s calendar and in Splash! (Our club magazine). These trips include training and safety days, day and weekend trips. Regular social events include monthly Club meetings, Christmas in July and the Christmas and Club Birthday parties.