Date(s) - 16/09/2023 - 17/09/2023
Myall Classic – Weekend Trip
16 – 17 September 2023,
The Myall Classic is a major event on the NSW paddling calendar. It is held on the Myall River at Tea Gardens each September on the last Saturday before the school holidays, taking both competitive and recreational paddlers on a return course up the Myall River, covering 12, 27 or 47 kms. Participants can choose from a variety of age categories, in either kayak, canoe (singles or doubles) and SUP. Due to its protected nature, the Myall Classic is a safe, scenic event in the largely unspoilt Great Lakes Marine Park. The event provides a challenge for competitive paddlers while welcoming novices. It is a good opportunity to connect with fellow paddlers and exchange experiences. With numerous lakes, rivers, islands and white sandy beaches the area offers numerous splendid paddling opportunities.
- The Myall Lakes area is a great spot, lakes, rivers, white sandy beaches. Tea Gardens is 215km, 2hrs 30 mins, from Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Saturday races of 12, 27 or 47km up Myall River from Anzac Park, Tea Gardens.
- Drive up on Friday afternoon/evening or Saturday morning, depending on your race start time
- Some suggested meet up times – Half an hour before race times (TBA)
- Sunday morning social paddle TBA
- Accommodation bookings to be made directly (see below for options)
Ways to help out…
- By dropping some useful information into this document for everybody to use and enjoy.
- By registering interest, including being happy to help with a little bit of organising. This could include:
- being a point of contact for the trip.
- coordinating the club boats – how many, which ones.
- Preparing a trip report (write-up)
- Posting on the club’s facebook page – creating excitement in the club community about the trip.
- Dropping in useful information into this document!
Etc. offers of assistance are always well received and make trips happen! Useful information (feel free to directly update/add – maps, photos etc)
Useful Information: Myall Classic – Race Sign Up:
Sign up for the race of your choice at; https://myallclassic.com.au/
Registration closes: Sunday, September 10, 2023 23:59
Early Bird Entry (by 27th August)
- Adult – $65:00
- 65+ – $50:00
- Junior/Student – $30:00
- Adult – $80:00
- 65+ – $65:00
- Junior/Student – $45:00
Race Start Location: – Anzac Park, Tea Gardens
Mungo Brush: 21km/20 mins from Anzac Park.
- $42 for tent for 2 nights
Reflections Holiday Park: Jimmys Beach Reserve Holiday Park. 3.2km/5 mins from Anzac Park. From $54 for tent. Various cabins also available.