The President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary are, under the Club’s Constitution, statutory office bearers of the River Canoe Club of NSW and sit on the Executive and Club Committees. Members of the Executive Committee, together with the Public Officer, are eligible to be authorised signatories for Club bank accounts, correspondence, etc
Elected Office Bearers
If you’re looking for minutes from committee meetings agenda & minutes, please click here
Please contact our friendly co-secretaries (email@example.com) if you would like to add an idea to the agenda of any upcoming committee meeting.
(any issues with access? Please contact our friendly co-secretaries for assistance firstname.lastname@example.org)
Why get involved and nominate for a Committee position?
- So you know what’s happening – across all paddling and club opportunities.
- To set the direction and priorities for the club. It’s your club.. let’s have some fun adventures.
- To spend money on paddling gear! That’s always fun…new paddling gear.
- To make a real difference – there are many easy wins along the way.
- It’s great for for your career… learn new skills, meet great people, develop your leadership capabilities
- It’s great for your networking... you’ll get to meet all many of interesting people, from all over NSW
- It’s great for your mental health.
- To make sure the club is still around for many years to come !
- To enjoy wine and cheese – an essential ingredient for the monthly committee meetings! (also the option to dial in in from home..)
- Complementary boat storage – if you’re actively paddling with the club, boat storage is free (normally $150/year)
- All of the above.. 🙂
What’s the focus for of each committee position?
- President Lead the direction and priorities for the club, setting up the club for the future.
- Vice Pres Work with the committee on exciting club projects and initiatives, helping steer the direction of the club.
- Treasurer Steer the financial direction for the club and keeping us financially afloat while buying lots of paddling gear.
- Secretary Keep the committee and club on track – with minutes, agendas and occasional paperwork.
- Memberships Ensure new and existing members feel part of the club, and keep member databases up to date.
- Volunteer coordinator Manage our ‘to-do’ list and encourage members to help tick things off. A form of ‘match-making’.
- Webmaster Maintain and develop our online presence, so new and existing members have access to useful information.
- Splash! Collate fun and interesting articles for our regular e-newsletter.
- Accountant Have fun with numbers, pay for things and keep our books up to date.
- Whitewater coordinator Be a point of contact for whitewater activities, encourage members to organise trips/paddles across the year.
- Flatwater coordinator Be a point of contact for flatwater activities, encourage members to organise trips/paddles across the year
- Openwater coordinator Be a point of contact for openwater activities, encourage members to organise trips/paddles across the year
- Education and community Build partnerships with other organisations, to create win-win opportunities and outcomes.
- House Manage our club house and make it our home off the water. Oversee upgrade projects like a new roof!
- Boat Captain Maintain our fleet of boats and buy new gear so we can all keep doing what we love.
- Safety and training Keep building a strong safety culture in the club. Look for training gaps and opportunities.
- Social coordinator Organise social events for on and off the water.
- Grants coordinator Look for grants and arrange for applications to be submitted – there are lots of people who want to give us money!
- General Be on the committee and start to get involved, as suits.