Date(s) - 05/07/2020
This November the club will continue its annual journey down the Murray River.
In 2019, the club commenced a 10 year journey to paddle down the Murray to the sea – 1 week each year x 10 years = Legend status – This resulted in a spectacular trip from Bringabrong Bridge to Hume Dam by 18 club members.
In 2020, the trip will be from Hume Dam to Yarrawonga – a journey of about 237kms. We will depart Sydney on Sunday 8th November and return 15th November
Paddlers who complete the Albury to sea trip over 9 years are also eligible for ‘Legend’ status
Currently 12 paddlers ready to join. Club members interested in joining us for this trip need the following
- A fast sea kayak – Mirage, Prijon Prolite etc – no plastic boats
- The ability to paddle 40-50 kms each day in a fully laden kayak
- The ability and equipment to camp, cook and crap in the bush
- The ability to work with a group, to a plan, to achieve a collective goal
- Free of Covid-19 and other communicable diseases
This trip is managed by a small committee – participation is by acceptance. If you are interested by this adventure, If you meet the above criteria
Please email Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are commencing monthly training paddles and commencing detailed planning